Justice in Official Languages
- Canada-Wide Analysis of Official Language Training Needs in the Area of Justice
- Justice in Official Languages - Newsletter
- Access to Justice in Both Official Languages Support Fund
- 2011-2016 Action Plan for the Implementation of Section 41 of the Official Language Act
- 2011-2012 Review on the Implementation of Section 41 of the Official Languages Act
The Office’s activities in matters related to Justice in Official Languages (JOL) are mainly directed towards two initiatives: the promotion of access to justice in both official languages and the implementation of Section 41 of the Official Languages Act.
Access to Justice in Both Official Languages
The activities enable the Department to pursue its efforts towards building an increasingly relevant and accessiblejustice system that meets the needs of Canadians by ensuring improved access to justice in both official languages.
Implementation of Section 41 of the Official Languages Act
Part VII of the Official Languages Act - more specifically, Section 41 - reflects the commitment of allfederal government departments and agencies to enhancing the vitality of English and French linguistic minoritycommunities as well as fostering the full recognition and use of both French and English in Canadian society. The Justice in Official Languages Team has the mandate to coordinate the implementation of Section 41 within the Department of Justice.
- Date modified: