Inventory of Government-Based Family Justice Services

Legal Aid Saskatchewan


Type of service
Family Court Services

Services offered
Legal Aid Saskatchewan provides legal services for family law matters to people who qualify for legal aid. Issues can include maintenance, custody, access, and varying and vacating such orders, and divorce. Applicants can qualify for legal services when they are on social assistance or Indian Band assistance, or when the cost of a private lawyer would reduce their financial resources to social-assistance levels.

Pilot or ongoing service
Ongoing service

Department responsible
Ministry of Justice and Attorney General

How to access this service
Parties can access the service by contacting their local office directly

  • Estevan (306-637-4620 / 1-877-424-1903)
  • La Ronge (306-425-4455 / 1-800-667-4095)
  • North Battleford (306-446-7700 / 1-877-441-4418)
  • Meadow Lake (306-236-7636 / 1-800-461-8188)
  • Melfort (306-752-6220 / 1-877-424-1901)
  • Moose Jaw (306-694-3700 / 1-877-424-1902)
  • Prince Albert (306-953-2850 / 1-877-424-1900)
  • Regina City (306-787-8760 / 1-877-424-1897)
  • Regina Rural (306-787-1141 / 1-877-424-1906)
  • Saskatoon Family (306-964-2200 / 1-877-324-2200)
  • Saskatoon Rural (306-933-7855 / 1-877-424-1899)
  • Swift Current (306-778-8272 / 1-877-424-1905), and
  • Yorkton (306-786-1440 / 1 877 424 1904).
  • Head Office (306-933-5300 / 1-800-667-3764)
Applications can be started by using the online application services at:

Legal Aid Saskatchewan provides legal services across Saskatchewan. Offices are located in Estevan, La Ronge, Meadow Lake, Melfort, Moose Jaw, North Battleford, Prince Albert, Regina, Saskatoon, Swift Current, and Yorkton.
[ Service(s) offered ]

English and French. Cree in some northern locations. Legal Aid Saskatchewan also uses CANTALK interpretation services: to conduct interviews.

For information about Legal Aid Saskatchewan, go to:

Applicants’ income and assets are assessed to determine their financial eligibility. Depending on the results of the assessment, the applicant may be eligible without having to pay anything for legal aid services, may have to pay a small contribution to the cost of the services or may be refused legal aid services.

Governing legislation/legislative authority
The legislative authority for this service is the Legal Aid Act, which can be found at:

Date modified: