Inventory of Government-Based Family Justice Services

Supervised Access / Exchange (Saskatchewan)


Type of service
Supervised Access

Services offered
Supervision of access to children by the non-custodial parent and other family members is provided by trained personnel, in a safe, child-focussed environment, upon court order.

Supervision of exchanges of children during an unsupervised access period is provided to parties.

Pilot or ongoing service
Ongoing service

Department responsible
Ministry of Justice

How to access this service
A court order is required to use the Supervised Access program. Parties can use the Supervised Exchange program either by court order or upon request of either party. In the latter case, both parents must consent to use the Supervised Exchange Service. To request the service, contact the Family Justice Services Branch in Saskatoon at (306) 933-5930, or Regina at (306)787-9416. Arrangements must be made with the program in advance.

Supervised access and exchange services are currently offered in Saskatoon and Regina.
[ Service(s) offered ]

English. Other languages as required.

Information is available at:

Family Justice Services has also produced a pamphlet about supervised access/exchange services which is available in all Queen's Bench court houses.

No charge

Governing legislation/legislative authority
Authority for the provision of this service is found in The Children's Law Act

Contact person(s)
not applicable

Date modified: