Inventory of Government-Based Family Justice Services
Intake Services (Alberta)
Type of service
Family Court Services
Intake Services assist parents who are parenting apart to resolve parenting disputes and to access the Court system. Intake consultations happen in person, by phone or other electronic means and provide information about options, programs and supports while assessing clients’ safety needs and the needs of children. Discussions promote dispute resolution options empowering clients whenever possible to be in charge of the decisions.
Services may include:
- Safety screening for family violence
- Information on options and services for resolving child-centered disputes
- Information on the effects of separation and conflict on children
- Assistance with negotiating agreements and resolving disputes
- Assistance with court applications such as parenting, guardianship, child support, contact or enforcement of time with a child
- Assistance with arranging court dates
- Referral to a Caseflow Conference (Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Calgary Provincial Court; Calgary Queen’s Bench)
- Referrals to other programs and services
Self-represented parties are automatically referred to the Intake Services Program in Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Calgary and the services are optional in regional areas.
Pilot or ongoing service
Resolution and Court Administration Services, Alberta Justice and Solicitor General
How to access this service
You may contact the service yourself, or the Court can refer you.
Family Court Intake Services are available throughout Alberta.
[ Service(s) offered ]
There is no charge to access information services, however there may be costs to file applications.
Governing legislation/legislative authority
Family Law Act - Intake and Caseflow Management Regulation
New Family Law Practice Note 9 – Intake, Resolution and Caseflow Management Calgary Queen’s Bench
Fort McMurray 780-743-7345
Grande Prairie 780-833-4200
High Level 780-624-6507
High Prairie 780-523-6183
Medicine Hat 403-529-8716
Peace River 780-624-6507
Red Deer 403-340-7187
St. Paul 780-614-6300
Resolution and Court Administration Services Contact Centre 1-855-738-4747
- Date modified: