Project Managers' Guide to Performance Measurement and Evaluation
7. OF COURSE THERE ARE CHALLENGES TO PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION!
Some of the performance measurement and evaluation challenges related to addressing family violence at the federal level include:
- the multi-dimensional nature of family violence,
- the evolving definitions and scope of family violence issues,
- different operational policy environments and priorities in various jurisdictions,
- the unique contextual and circumstantial factors related to different populations, cultures and community settings,
- the level of investment (resources and time) required to build collaborative processes and build capacity to address the issues, and
- the long-term timelines necessary for the federal contribution to achieve the overall result – contribute to the reduction of family violence in society.
Given the nature of the issues, the collaborative, multiple partnership approach to family violence, and the scope and limitations of federal influence, attribution of results can also be challenging.
- Date modified: