A Crime Victim's Guide to the Criminal Justice System
Please note that this publication is currently being updated to reflect recent legislative changes.
This guide contains general information only and is not intended as legal advice. For legal advice, contact a lawyer.
- Investigating Crime and Laying Criminal Charges
- Arrest and Release
- Bail Hearings
- Protecting Victims of Crime
- A Word about Young Offenders
- Going to Court
- Going to Trial
- Mentally Disordered Accused
- After Sentencing
- Life Sentences and Section 745.6 of the Criminal Code
- The Canadian Statement of Basic Principles of Justice for Victims of Crime
- For More Information
- Date modified: