2011-2016 Action Plan for the Implementation of Section 41 of the Official Languages Act
2. CONTEXT OF THE 2011-2016 ACTION PLAN
The 2011-2016 Action Plan for the Implementation of Section 41 of the Official Languages Act draws directly on the Department's mission to "promote respect for rights and freedoms, the law and the Constitution" by demonstrating the implementation of its commitments regarding official languages.
2.1. The Department of Justice’s mission
The mission of the Department of Justice is to:
- support the Minister in working to ensure that Canada is a just and law-abiding society with an accessible, efficient and fair justice system;
- provide high quality legal services and counsel to the government and to client departments and agencies; and
- promote respect for rights and freedoms, the law and the Constitution.
2.2. Strategic outcomes of the Department of Justice
The Department of Justice has two strategic outcomes:
- A fair, relevant and accessible Canadian justice system
- A federal government that is supported by high quality legal services.
- Date modified: