Departmental Action Plan for Official Languages 2017-2022
- Office or primary interest – Part III
- NLS (see section 5 “Official Languages Governance – Disclaimer”)
- Office of primary interest – Parts IV, V, VI and XI
- Office of primary interest – Part VII
- Federal institutions provide detailed information to the Department of Canadian Heritage (PCH) and the Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS) for the drafting of their Annual Report on Official Languages and other outcome reports to Parliament (pursuant to sections 44 and 48 of Parts VII and VIII of the OLA).
- Objective 10
- Ensure accountability to various federal authorities and to Parliament of Canada.
|Accountability mechanisms are in place and outcome reports are delivered on time||HRB and OLAD collaborate to ensure proper accountability and to draft outcome reports, including the Department of Justice Canada’s Annual Review on Official Languages, to guide preparation of the Annual Report on Official Languages to Parliament (under the responsibility of PCH and the TBS).||OLAD, HRB||Ongoing|
|Ensure accountability and report to the PSC on the application of the Public Service Official Languages Exclusion Approval Order.||HRB||Ongoing|
|Prepare a status report on section 41 implementation and send it to the Official Languages Champion to report to the Executive Council.||OLAD||Annually (See also section 7.1)|
Nathalie G. Drouin, Ad. E.
Deputy Minister of Justice and Deputy Attorney General of Canada
Isabelle T. Jacques
Assistant Deputy Minister, Central Agencies Portfolio, and Official Languages Champion
Department of Justice Canada
- Date modified: