Forum on Vulnerable Young Francophones in Minority Communities
5. Sub-group discussion methodology
The participants were divided into four regional sub-groups – Pacific and Territories, Prairies, Ontario, Atlantic – and a national sub-group to enable the stakeholders to better understand and develop collaborative arrangements as close as possible to the field. The national sub-group also studied relevant aspects of a public policy framework in this area.
The following questions were used to guide the sub-group discussions.
Sub-group discussions regarding forum objectives 1 and 2:
- Who are we? (Mandates, structures, presence in the field, etc.)
- What do we do? (Field activities, successes, challenges, etc.)
Regional sub-group discussions regarding forum objective three:
What can we do together to help vulnerable young Francophones in our region? (Projects to pursue, new projects to implement, new partnerships to create, etc.)
National sub-group discussions regarding forum objective 3:
- To what extent are risk factors for delinquency among young people from the majority community the same as those that affect young people from Francophone minority communities?
- What needs to be done differently in a majority as opposed to a minority situation?
The following questions triggered discussion at the plenary session:
- Are there areas of commonality?
- Are there similar issues? Issues that apply only in one situation?
- What follow-up measures could the federal institutions take? What follow-up measures could the communities take?
- Date modified: