Modernizing Canada’s Privacy Act: What We Heard Report
Justice Canada’s Preliminary Technical Engagement on Privacy Act Modernization
Summer and Fall 2019
Appendix A – Discussion Papers
- Privacy principles and modernized rules for a digital age.
- Transparency and accountability: demonstrating the commitment and respect necessary to facilitate trust.
- Greater certainty for Canadians and government – delineating the contours of the Privacy Act and defining important concepts.
- A modern and effective compliance framework with enhanced enforcement mechanisms.
- Modernizing the Privacy Act’s relationship with Canada’s Indigenous Peoples.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: