Family Violence Initiative
COMPENDIUM OF PROMISING PRACTICES TO REDUCE VIOLENCE AND INCREASE SAFETY OF ABORIGINAL WOMEN IN CANADA
- Aboriginal Justice Implementation Commission. (1999). The justice system and Aboriginal people. Retrieved 2012 http://www.ajic.mb.ca/volume1/chapter13.html
- Amnesty International. (2009). No more stolen sisters: The need for a comprehensive response to discrimination and violence against indigenous women in Canada. London: Amnesty International Publications.
- Bell, S. (2008). The history, lessons and observations of Waseskun Healing Centre: A successful therapeutic healing community. Ottawa, ON: Public Safety Canada.
- Blackstock, C. and Trocmé, N. (2005). Community-based child welfare for Aboriginal children: Supporting resilience through structural change. Social Policy Journal of New Zealand, 24. Retrieved 2012 from http://www.mcgill.ca/files/crcf/2005-Communiy-Based_Welfare_Aboriginals.pdf
- Brennan, Shannon. (2011). Violent victimization of Aboriginal women in the Canadian provinces, 2009. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012 http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2011001/article/11439-eng.pdf
- British Columbia Ministry of Aboriginal Relations & Reconciliation (2011). We are courageous and we are healing ourselves. Collaboration to end violence: National Aboriginal women's forum. AMR Planning & Consulting.
- CBC News. (2010). Residential school survivors fear network end. Retrieved 2012 from http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/03/19/aboriginal-funding-end.html
- Chartrand, L. & McKay, C. (2006). A review of research on criminal victimization and First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples 1990 to 2001. Ottawa, ON: Department of Justice, Policy Centre for Victim Issues.
- Cooper, J. & Salomons, T. (2010). Addressing violence against Aboriginal women FNSP practicum 2009/10 for battered women's support services. Vancouver, BC: Battered Women's Support Services.
- Couture, J. & Couture, R. (2003). Biidaaban: The Mnjikaning community healing model. Ottawa, ON: Aboriginal Corrections Policy Unit.
- Couture, J., Parker, T., Couture, R. & Laboucane, P. (2001). A cost-benefit analysis of Hollow Water's community holistic circle healing process. Ottawa, ON: Aboriginal Healing Foundation.
- Jacobs, B. & Williams, A. (2008). Legacy of residential schools: Missing and murdered Aboriginal women. In M. Brant Castellano, L. Archibald and M. DeGagné (Eds.), From truth to reconciliation: Transforming the legacy of residential schools. (pp. 119-140). Ottawa: Aboriginal Healing Foundation.
- Krawl, M.B. (1994). Understanding the role of healing in Aboriginal communities. APC 10 CA. Ottawa, ON: Solicitor General Canada.
- Lheidli T'enneh First Nation, Carrier Sekani Family Services, Carrier Sekani Tribal Council, Prince George Nachako Aboriginal Employment and Training Association & Prince George Native Friendship Centre. (2006). The Highway of Tears symposium recommendations report.
- MacDonald, K. A. (2005). Justice system's response: Violence against Aboriginal girls. British Columbia: Justice for Girls.
- Mann, M.M. (2005). Aboriginal women: An issues backgrounder. Ottawa, ON: Status of Women Canada.
National Clearinghouse on Family Violence. (2008). Aboriginal women and family violence. Ottawa, ON: Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Native Women's Association of Canada. (2007). Reclaiming our being: Matrimonial real property solutions position paper. Retrieved March 2012 from http://www.nwac.ca/sites/default/files/reports/NWACMRP.pdf
- Native Women's Association of Canada. (2007). Aboriginal women too often the victims of racialized, sexualized violence: Sisters in Spirit initiative addresses alarmingly high numbers of missing, murdered Aboriginal women in Canada. Canadian Women's Health Network. Retrieved April 2012 from http://www.cwhn.ca/node/39430
- Ontario Native Women's Association. (1989). Breaking free: A proposal for change to Aboriginal family violence.
- Ontario Native Women's Association and Ontario Federation of Indian Friendship Centres. (2007). A strategic framework to end violence against Aboriginal women. Retrieved 2012 http://www.oaith.ca/assets/files/Publications/Strategic_Framework_Aboriginal_Women.pdf
- Perreault, S. & Hotton Mahony, T. (2012). Criminal victimization in the territories, 2009. Ottawa, ON: Statistics Canada.
- Ross, R. (1996). Returning to the teaching: Exploring Aboriginal justice. Toronto, ON: Penguin Books.
- Woman Abuse Working Group. (2008). Violence against Aboriginal women. Retrieved 2012. http://www.wawg.ca/pages/violence-against-aboriginal-women
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: