Search Request and Consent Form
(to obtain information about someone else’s divorce)
Please type or print when you fill in the form
- The information you provide must be complete and accurateFootnote 2.
- Consent of the person you are enquiring about is always required unless you are applying on behalf of a) an organization that has an agreement with the Department of Justice Canada to obtain information in the Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings (CRDP) databank; or b) an investigative body listed in Schedule II of the federal Privacy Regulations.
- If you are authorized by the law of Canada or a province to administer a person’s estate and you wish to obtain information about that person, you must also provide us with the proof of such authorization (e.g. Power of Attorney, certificate of appointment of estate trustee, etc.).
- Refer to the second page of this form for the person to sign and provide consent.
- Return the form duly completed and signed with other required documents to: Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings, Department of Justice Canada, 284 Wellington Street, Ottawa ON K1A 0H8.
- If you are looking for information about your own divorce proceedings, you must use the Search Request Form or call 613-957-4519.
- Date modified: