FASD and TRC Call to Action 34.4: A Consideration of Evaluation Methods
Purpose of the Paper
The purpose of this paper is to answer the following research questions:
- What evaluation mechanisms have been used by existing FASD programs?
- What are some promising practices that exist in the evaluation of FASD programming?
- What would be appropriate mechanisms to evaluate FASD programs in the criminal justice system?
- What are hallmarks of programs and evaluation practices that are appropriate (for example being culturally-responsive and not perpetuating stigma)?
- What existing evaluation tools could be revised in response to TRC Calls to Action 34.4 that would be useful for frontline service delivery?
These questions will be answered in this paper and will be revisited in the conclusion.
- Date modified: