Research and Statistics Division
The Research and Statistics Division (RSD) at the Department of Justice produces high-quality empirical research and statistical analysis using social science methods to help ensure policy decisions are based on evidence. While some reports are written in-house by our researchers, other reports are written by external subject matter specialists, who are contracted by the RSD to answer specific questions in their fields of expertise.
For a complete list of reports and publications from the Department of Justice, you can browse our publications catalogue.
- Justice Trends 2: Automated Justice. Get the gist of the future for technology in justice
- Restorative Justice and Sexual Violence: An Annotated Bibliography
- Crime Victims’ Experiences of Restorative Justice: A Listening Project
- Research in Brief: Restorative Justice
- JustFacts: Cannabis crime statistics in Canada, 2017
- Legal Aid in Canada, 2017-18
- National Justice Survey 2018
View the full list of publications from the Research and Statistics Division and request PDF copies of those not available online
Access results from the annual National Justice Survey exploring Canadians' views of the justice system
Browse a list of fact sheets and research summaries on important Justice issues
- Date modified: