Research and Statistics Division
The Research and Statistics Division (RSD) at the Department of Justice produces high-quality empirical research and statistical analysis using social science methods to help ensure policy decisions are based on evidence. While some reports are written in-house by our researchers, other reports are written by external subject matter specialists, who are contracted by the RSD to answer specific questions in their fields of expertise.
For a complete list of reports and publications from the Department of Justice, you can browse our publications catalogue.
- Youth Views on Access to Justice
- Looking Ahead at Canada’s Justice System: What’s Important to Youth?
- Youth Views on Addressing Privacy
- Youth Views on Collaborating to Support Individuals with Mental Health and Addiction Issues in the Criminal Justice System
- Gap Analysis of Services for Victims and Survivors of Online Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in Canada
- Legal Aid in Canada, 2018-19
- Overrepresentation of Indigenous People in the Canadian Criminal Justice System: Causes and Responses
View the full list of publications from the Research and Statistics Division and request PDF copies of those not available online
Access results from the annual National Justice Survey exploring Canadians' views of the justice system
Browse a list of fact sheets and research summaries on important Justice issues
- Date modified: