Modernizing Canada’s Privacy Act - Stakeholder Engagement
As part of its commitment to modernizing Canada’s Privacy Act, the Government of Canada has begun targeted stakeholder engagement.
As a preliminary step, expert stakeholders have been asked to provide their views and feedback on technical and legal considerations to consider in modernizing the Privacy Act. The discussion papers below provide a launch pad for this discussion.
After feedback from expert stakeholders is received on the discussion papers below, the Government of Canada would like to engage the broader Canadian public as it works to develop more concrete proposals for potential amendments to the Act.
- 1. Privacy principles and modernized rules for a digital age
- 2. Transparency and accountability: demonstrating the commitment and respect necessary to facilitate trust
- 3. Greater certainty for Canadians and government: delineating the contours of the Privacy Act and defining important concepts
- 4. A modern and effective compliance framework with enhanced enforcement mechanisms
- 5. Modernizing the Privacy Act’s relationship with Canada’s Indigenous peoples
- Date modified: