We are currently not accepting unsolicited funding proposals.
If you would like further information about the Budget 2021 funding regarding independent legal advice (description below), please contact PB-DGP@justice.gc.ca.
Budget 2021: Free Legal Advice
To help ensure access to free legal advice and legal representation for survivors of sexual assault and intimate partner violence, no matter where they live, Budget 2021 proposes to provide $85.3 million over five years, starting 2021-22, for Justice Canada. Funding will support a national program for independent legal advice and independent legal representation for victims of sexual assault, as well as to support pilot projects for victims of intimate partner violence.
The Victims Fund provides grants and contributions to support projects and activities that encourage the development of new approaches, promote access to justice, improve the capacity of service providers, foster the establishment of referral networks, and/or increase awareness of services available to victims of crime and their families. The Fund does not provide criminal injuries compensation for victims of crime.
Apply for Funding - Information about how to apply for different types funding:
- Child Advocacy Centres
- Project Funding
- Attending Parole Board Hearings
- Canadians Victimized Abroad
- Host a Victims Week Event
- Families of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women or Girls
- Measures to Enhance Criminal Justice System Responses to Adult Sexual Assault in Canada
- Victims and Survivors of Crime in Restorative Justice Processes
- Assistance for Victims and Survivors of Crime with Disabilities
Funding initiatives - A selection of funding agreements under the Victims Fund:
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: