Read the Declaration
The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples is available in many languages. Official United Nation language translations include English, French, Arabic, Mandarin, Spanish, and Russian. Read the Declaration here:
Justice Canada is in the process of translating the Declaration into Indigenous languages. This page will be updated as the translations become available.
The Declaration is also available in Innu, Kanien’kéha (Mohawk) and other Indigenous languages from around the world. To read other official or unofficial translations visit the United Nations’ website.
Information contained in these publications or products may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, for personal or public non-commercial purposes, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
You are asked to:
- exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Note that these translations into Indigenous languages are unofficial ones provided by the Government of Canada. The terminologies used in these translations do not necessarily reflect that of the United Nations.
Commercial reproduction and distribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Department of Justice Canada. For more information, please contact the Department of Justice Canada at: www.justice.gc.ca.
© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, represented by the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, 2021.
News and updates
- News Release
- Backgrounder – United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act
- Backgrounder – Natural Resource Sector
- Statement – Bill C-15 Passing in the Senate
- Fact sheet – United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act
- What We Learned Report
- Watch the video: Voices on the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: